Racial Equity Task Force envisions a commitment to accelerating progress on issues of racial equity and inclusion at the systems level in homeless services and reflected and centered in all of the work that we do as service providers.
Our work includes:
- Better understanding and addressing the overrepresentation of people of color among those experiencing homelessness
- Address racial inequities within the homelessness response system and incorporate anti-racist policies and interventions.
- Implement actions to support the growth of People of Color working within homeless services.
- Review of the CoC and agency staff has an inclusive leadership and/or working on a plan to increase inclusive leadership infused throughout the CoC in different ways.
- Revision of scoring criteria to the ranking system around developing an equitable system.
- Review of the Coordinated Entry System to create equitable Processes.
- Allow Racial Equity Task Force to create a public report (anonymous agency) discussing the state of our CoC Racial Equity.
- Analyze emergency shelters and how race disparities play in access.
- Implement professional development opportunities to identify and invest in emerging leaders of different races and ethnicities in the homelessness sector.
- The Equity Team is working with C4 Innovations to develop a racial study on homeless services in New Orleans
- Conduct additional research to understand the scope and needs of different races or ethnicities experiencing homelessness.
- Review coordinated entry and discharge processes to understand their impact on people of different races and ethnicities experiencing homelessness.
Interested in joining the Racial Equity Task Task Force? Contact Shercole King at email@example.com